Within the SIMATIC S7-400, the enhanced application module FM 458-1 DP is setting new standards. This intelligent module combines powerful arithmetic operations ability, high processing speed, precision and flexibility. These are the features required to solve a wide range of processing tasks universally even with extremely high throughput rates
For you this means: even more flexibility and economic viability in implementing sophisticated PLC, motion control and processing tasks.
Communication takes place over the PROFIBUS DP interface on the FM 458-1 DP. This offers the following characteristics:
- Constant bus cycle time, i.e. the PROFIBUS DP cycle is always precisely the same length.
- Isochronous, i.e. the CPU, I/O and user program are synchronized with the PROFIBUS cycle.
- Slave-to-slave communication, i.e. the configured slaves can exchange data with each other directly without the need for any additional configuring work on the FM 458-1 DP.
- Routing capability, i.e. all nodes are accessed over one interface, e.g. MPI (Multi-Point Interface) or PROFIBUS DP and optionally also Industrial Ethernet.
Up to 100 drives of the SIMOVERT Masterdrives series or SIMOREG series can be connected per ring over the highspeed, fiber-optic SIMOLINK connection.
- Integrated into SIMATIC S7-400 racks: Open-loop and closed-loop control and arithmetic operations
- Software tools STEP 7/CFC and SFC are identical to the tools for SIMATIC S7
- Sampling times from 100 µs for dynamic motion control and processing solutions.
- Isochronous PROFIBUS DP – constant-time bus cycle with clock signal
- Clock synchronism – CPUs/I/O and user programs are synchronized to common PROFIBUS clock
- Routing, diagnostics and teleservice possible via a single interface
- The I/O expansion EXM 438-1 provides extremely fast, synchronizable
– Digital and analog inputs and outputs
– Speed and absolute value encoder measurement
- The EXM 448/EXM 448-1 communication expansions provide fast connection of drives including:
– PROFIBUS DP, as master or slave (not isochronous/clock-synchronized)
– SIMOLINK, the fast, powerful, clock-synchronized fiber-optic cable (installed in EXM 448-1)